Truvo, formerly World directories, is a leading international business operating across six countries in the local search and advertising market. The products best known by the consumers are the directories “yellow and white pages”. It creates value by providing an integrated portfolio of cost-effective and simple-to-use advertising that connects buyers quickly and efficiently with sellers. Truvo offers a range of complementary services in print, on-line, telephone and mobile, to assist the consumer in making informed purchasing decisions. Truvo currently operates in Belgium, Portugal, Ireland and Romania and has interests in South Africa and Puerto Rico.
Today Truvo has been challenged by the recent rapid and drastic changes on the market. Internet has had a vast impact on consumer behavior and the internet has become a primarily source when looking for information. People have embraced the fast and easy advantages the internet and digital market has to offer. In a competitive market Truvo faces the need to find a valid replacement for the traditional revenues generated via the print market. Given the possibilities the online market has to offer, Truvo is focusing on a strategically approach to convert the “print” generated revenues into “online” generated revenues.
- Strategy and approach of the online market allowing a conversion of the traditional revenues
- A new business model suited for the online market
- New approach of the product creating added value for both consumers and advertisers
Our main objectives:
- Offering a full service approach and establishing a reliable partnership: business consultancy, usability and design, development, web statistics, hosting
- Creating a new online and attractive environment for the Truvo advertisers
- Improving the quality of information for both consumers and advertisers
Chosen media: Website
Taken into account the challenges and objectives combined with the advantages the existing online Truvo solutions already had to offer, Emakina has presented the Truvo MyPage project. The advertiser will be given the opportunity creating his own website within the golden pages website. The golden pages websites is ranked between the Belgian top ten of websites with the most recurrent and unique visitors, based upon the Metriweb reporting. An audience of approximately 24 million unique visitors on a yearly basis offers interesting opportunities for the advertisers and should allow them to improve their local visibility.
By improving the quality of the information, both consumer and advertiser will benefit from the new opportunities the new “MySite” environment Emakina has created for the Truvo advertisers.
The advertisers are able to manage the branding of their business via the wide range of information to share using the suited modules and thus creating a personalized website that’s easily adjustable, with very intuitive user interface. Consequently the consumers can get access to far more information than before.
The MySite environment offers a variety of modules:
The advertiser has the choice between a diversity of modules to personalize and manage his MySite website. The content management system interface is very straightforward and easy to work with.
The various modules are the stepping stones to introduce text, images, links… Via Free text one can introduce product information, description of the company, services, etc. When having content that needs been scheduled and that has to be changed over time, Periodic Text is an extra asset to manage MySite.
The Map module is used to locate an address and show a route map or plan.
It is possible to introduce any possible URL link via the Links Module. Adding linked information to documents, web pages, etc. can be handled very easily. One can also manage a library of uploaded Documents.
The Pictures Module is used for displaying pictures from the picture gallery and/or the Picture Carousel to show the pictures from the picture gallery using a carousel as rendering mode. The module Coupons makes it possible to render pictures under a view offering a print feature.
Videos (embed video) and Uploaded Videos allowing to paste embedded video content and creating a video library by uploading various videos. The Video Gallery makes is possible to display the content.
It is also possible to add a basic horizontal or vertical Banner to display one picture with and link-through solution.
For each county it is possible to introduce the various Payment options: accepted credit cards, etc.
Other modules are Facilities and Opening Hours to communicate interesting information. A restaurant, for example, could make a clear summary of its facilities: terrace, dogs allowed, number of tables, cuisine, etc.).
The search results can be improved by Displayed keywords displaying structured keywords/meta tags.
The MySite environment & the social context:
The consumer can easily forward the advertiser’s information to people interested, add the information to Outlook or TomTom. But the information can also be shared via various popular social networks and everyday tools for the internet user: Facebook, Twitter, Google…
From an offline to an online experience
Advertisers benefit from:
- More visibility for the advertisers thanks to an increase in traffic and a better ranking;
- Improved search results thanks to additional content in the MySite modules.
- Stronger interactivity as the information can easily be shared on facebook, twitter, forwarded to possibly interested contacts…
- More information on display as the content has been extended; more product information can be shared;
- A modern approach to share the information with the consumer making full use of the online experience that has been embraced by all people looking and sharing information today;
- A higher level of personalization by creating an individual look and feel, making full use of the modules and possibilities of the content management tool that turns MySite in a personal tool to create a brand experience;
- MySite combines the strength of the Truvo ranking, possibility to create a personalized online presence with one’s own look and feel, having and managing a website perfectly suited for smaller companies and their own local market.
Emakina offers Truvo a full service approach:
Emakina has tackled Truvo’s major challenges by generating new ideas, identifying new online services to offer, providing fresh ideas, detecting ways to generate new revenues, relying on its overall online experience and knowledge of user behavior.
Web design and usability
Our strategy team has defined a user friendly and efficient user interface, combined with a clear and attractive design that enhances the overall easy to use experience for both consumer and advertiser.
Development has been fully focused on the enormous volume of data to handle and the high performance search level to be obtained.
In order to detect the market opportunities, monitoring and statistics will be an extra asset to identify new business opportunities for both Truvo and Truvo’s advertisers. A business dashboard will allow tracking the number of visits, page views, getting a detailed insight in the successful search rate, etc.
Advertisers can also access a specific dashboard to investigate the “MySite” results, if required.
Emakina/Perform is specialized in offering this kind of web analytic solutions.
Given the business constraints, the fast delivery and the complexity and creative approach of the project and creativity and day to day agility the project required, one has chosen to apply the Scrum methodology.
Back to list